6.10.2010

Me and My Chef's Knife

As my friend Joanne would write, I [heart] my chef's knife. It my favorite and the single most important, most used, kitchen tool I possess. With its six-inch high-carbon stainless steel blade (full tang, naturally), it is so well-balanced that it feels like an extension of my right hand. Chris gave it to me as a gift the first Valentine's Day we were dating, and I thought it was so romantic (although most of my girlfriends thought it was weird). Good husband he is, he keeps it sharpened for me and never, not even when I'm most tired, allows me to put it in the dishwasher. This baby gets hand washed (usually by Chris - I told you, he's a good husband). It's not a "name-brand," and any etched writing that was on it at one time has now disappeared. Nor is it the most expensive knife we can afford -  in fact, he got it at a local restaurant supply store. But it is the perfect knife, and I hope you have one just like it. Check out Foodbuzz for other knife tales (and a sale!).

1 comment:

jck said...

Thanks for the link, and for reminding me that "good chef's knife" is on my wish list. I'll check out the kitchen supply store.